the pookie icon is greyed out. upon startup I get
The program can't start because avcodec-53.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get this error.
How can I get pokkie to work again?
avcodec-53.dll is used with Chrome and is also a tool that Pokki is looking for. Have you recently removed the Chrome browser from your computer?
If so, it may have removed avcodec-53.dll as well even though other programs were using it (such as Pokki). Reinstalling (or uninstalling and reinstalling if you hadn’t removed it) should solve the problem, or doing the same for Pokki.
Step 1 – Removing Pokki1. Right-click the windows taskbar and select ‘Task Manager’ 2. Under the ‘Processes’ tab, please verify that there are no pokki.exe processes still running 3. If there are processes running, select them and click ‘End Process’ for each one 4. Uninstall Pokki via the Control Panels 5. Uninstall the Pokki Download Helper as well
Step 2 – Ensuring Pokki is completely removed1. Open an explorer window (ex. any folder will do) 2. Copy/paste into the address bar: localappdata and hit the Enter key on the keyboard 3. You should not see a Pokki folder. If you do, please delete it
Step 3 – Verifying nothing is left in the registry1. Open regedit (search for it in the start menu search if you are unfamiliar on how to get to it) 2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software 3. Delete the Pokki folder 4. Restart your computer.
You’ll probably want to remove all files.
Please use the following method to remove that as well.
1. Open the Task Manager (right-click the taskbar and select the Task Manager)
2. Click on the Processes tab
3. Find either explorer.exe or Windows Explorer, select it, and either click End task or end process (varies between OS’s. You can also select the process by right-clicking and choosing to end the process)
4. In the Task Manager, click File → Run (or run task)
5. Type localappdata into the path and hit Enter on the keyboard
6. Delete the Pokki folder
7. In Task Manager, type ‘explorer.exe’ (without the ’) and hit Enter on the keyboard to reload the desktop